Tuesday, May 20, 2008

National Breast Cancer Coalition

Recently, I was honored by the National Breast Cancer Coalition (NBCC) with the Certificate of Excellence for supporting legislation which helps fight breast cancer. I am very proud to have the opportunity to work with organizations like the NBCC in hopes of moving closer to a cure and pleased to have a 100 percent voting record with the NBCC.

Breast cancer is a terrible disease—affecting both men and women. Because of its devastating impact I have been a strong advocate promoting breast cancer research. To this end, I have co-sponsored H.R. 1157, the Breast Cancer and Environmental Research Act. I am also pleased to be a strong supporter of increased funding for research at the National Institutes of Health (NIH).

I believe that we have made progress over the last few years fighting breast cancer, but much more can be done. I will continue to work with Congress, the health care facilities in the 5th district of New Jersey and organizations like the NBCC to eradicate breast cancer once and for all.

Rep. Scott Garrett represents the 5th district of New Jersey.